Lugogo By Pass, 5 - P. O. Box 7205 -Kampala (Uganda)
Referent: PierGiorgio Lappo
Kampala's office, inaugurated in January 1984, is made up of three buildings, one reserved for the home, one store and one office (built in 2013). Today, 15 people are employed in Kampala, including 5 expatriates and 10 local people. The venue is a place of aggregation of the collaborative community and of the first reception for those coming from Italy; Referring to logistics (purchase of project materials), administration (project reporting) and contacts with the Ugandan government, and finally place of support for organizations operating in the Kampala slums. From 2000 to today the venue welcomed about 50 guests a year.
Moroto Field office (Karamoja)
It was born in 1985 by Don Vittorion's desire to have a fixed point of reference for the community. The compound consists of a house, store, office, workshop, vegetable garden and chicken coop.
The Moroto headquarters (between projects and compound) has an average of 120 local employees, 12 expatriates and 10 volunteers. During the summer there are groups of young people from the project "Come and See". Since 2002, the venue has hosted an average of 150 guests a year.
Alito Field office
In 2017, we accepted the request from the Diocese of Lira to redevelop the area of the former leper colony in Alito, Kole district (central-northern Uganda). In that complex we started a "Training Centre" that consisting of an Agribusiness training school and a demonstration farm. The centre had a positive impact and it became a point of reference for the entire area and a stable project of our Movement in a short time.
From 2017 to 2019, 330 young people were trained, 225 acres of land reclaimed and more than 1000 young farmers from the surrounding areas were reached thanks to the "spread" and sharing of agricultural knowledge done by the students trained in the Agribusiness school in the previous years.