Always having a look at the weaker sections, such as children, since 2004 is a project dedicated to them. Created to support and favor the growth, socialization and training of the young karimojong generations, the Don Vittorio Youth Center is headquartered in Moroto and is currently attended by approximately 600 boys and girls aged 6 to 24.
The proposed activities, launched in May 2004, vary from film projection to sport practice, from music to theatrical animation. The goal is to make the Youth Center a point of reference also from a social point of view.
Born in September 2012 as a crib, in 2014, the Little Giraffe House at the Young Center was recognized as a kindergarten.
Collaboration with UNICEF continues with a new project for the improvement and protection of children.
Improving the living conditions of beneficiaries
• Raising the play-sports and educational spaces in Moroto, placing the youth in the center
• increased consideration of the young population in Karamoja
• raising awareness of the rights of minors and women
• Increased knowledge of diseases and, in particular, of HIV among minors
• increased child protection / protection
Cultural / Entrepreneurship Development Contribution
• transfer of professionalism to beneficiaries
• Improvement of the condition of juvenile and women, with a positive relapse on the city society.